Get your license/Improve your skills!
Congratulations! Not many existing riders believe they have anything to learn after they have mastered the basics of motorcycling. That you have stopped by here to see just what else you may learn, says a lot about you as a motorcyclist.
Motorcycle safety reports indicate that 75% of motorcycle crashes involve “experienced” riders. To address the need for training of experienced riders, Mid Tenn offers the Experienced Rider Course (ERC)/Basic Rider Course II (BRC II).
The ERC/BRCII is designed for the experienced rider who has been riding for at least six months and wants to learn more about reducing the risk of riding in traffic and then practice what they have learned on their motorcycle. The program consists of a 1/2 day 6 hour session of training and practice on your motorcycle in a parking lot under the watchful and helpful eye of a trained instructor.
Who should attend this class?
- Anyone who already rides and is interested in becoming a better safer rider
- Anyone who already rides but needs a Tennessee State motorcycle license.
- Riders seeking to obtain their basic rider course completion cards in order to obtain an insurance discount as mandated by the State of Tennessee
What is required to attend this course?
- Complete an online ecourse before completion of class.
- We recommend that you have a valid car driver’s license. Successful completion of this course will waive the written and driving motorcycle tests at the TN DMV and you earn your Class M Motorcycle Endorsement.
- You will need to bring to class proof of insurance and current registration for your motorcycle.
- You must provide your own street-legal and safe motorcycle or rent one of ours for an additional fee of $70 (All types of two wheeled motorcycles permitted.)
- You should be old enough to legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Complete MSF’s ecourse. The link will be provided upon registration.
- Your own DOT helmet, with either a shield or glasses. Due to COVID we cannot provide one at this time.
- A long sleeve shirt or jacket (dress according to the weather)
- Long pants. No leggings or sweat pants! Blue jean material or stronger no holes in your pants.
- Sturdy over the ankle shoes/boots (not canvas)
- Full fingered gloves
- Eye protection if your helmet doesn’t have a shield
If you are under the age of 18, one of your parents or a legal guardian MUST be present with you on Saturday morning to sign the course waiver with you. If a parent or legal guardian is not with you Saturday morning, you cannot participate.
What Will I Experience At This Course?
- Six hours discovering what you and your motorcycle can do under the guidance of a professional Rider Coach trainer.
- Practice of low speed maneuvering exercises to get you more comfortable with your bike at low speeds
- Hazard avoidance exercises including stopping, swerving, and obstacle handling.
- Cornering exercises at speeds requiring counter-steering.
Great Ways To Take Your Experienced Rider Course/Basic Rider Course II
Experienced Rider Course/Basic Rider Course II in a group setting ($149.99):
Take class with other riders as part of a group. Your class takes place out on the riding range with a professional Rider Coach trainer.
Private one-on-one Experienced Rider Course/Basic Rider Course II: ($599.99)
Get the most out of your class experience in a one-on-one private class with a personal professional Rider Coach trainer. Class offered on the day of your choice on a private range. Call (931) 823-7744 for more information or to schedule your very own private class.