Those taking the Basic RiderCourse are furnished training motorcycles for class. Those taking the Experienced Rider Course/Basic Rider Course II will need a licensed and insured motorcycle to take class or need to rent one from us for an additional charge of $70.
Class starts on Saturday at 8:00 A.M
- You need to show before 8:00 a.m. with all the appropriate gear. We have you fill out and sign liability waivers.
- We then cover class introductions, sponsors, liability statements, course requirements and the class schedule.
- With you standing by the motorcycles and geared up, we go over the various motorcycle controls.
- We cover the range rules and hand signals, and then begin the riding range exercises. We take short breaks as appropriate.
- Around 11:30 A.M., but no later than 12:30 P.M., we take a 1 hour lunch break.
- For the afternoon, we finish all of the classroom material.
- At some point during the 2 days administer the Knowledge Test.
Class starts again on Sunday morning at 8:00 A.M.
- Students who arrive early may warm up on one of the exercises from Saturday, and those needing a little more attention can be coached before class starts.
- We do as many of the remaining exercises as we can before lunch.
- We then take a 1 hour lunch break.
- On returning from lunch, we finish any of the range exercises that we may not have completed, and take time for a skills practice.
- We then administer the Skills Evaluation.
- Finally, we briefly review the course, and graduate the class.
- Class is schedule to end at 5:00 P.M., but may vary depending on how all of the riders are doing.